Pilgrim Walks and Walking Holidays
Pilgrimages have a long history and ancient trackways can be found around Britain and throughout the world. In previous years our guided pilgrim walks and walking holidays have followed these old routes and provided an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, connect with God and spend time with like-minded people. This year, in response to Covid-19, we are offering guided pilgrim walks from our comfortable accommodation in Natland, Kendal – ‘The Gateway to the Lake District’.
From our base in Natland daily walks will link together to provide a journey through the inspiring and beautiful landscape. We will walk at a gentle pace with plenty of time to relax, reflect and enjoy the views. As before all the details will be taken care of – food and transport, qualified and knowledgeable leaders and, if desired, Bible studies and devotionals allowing you to simply relax and enjoy your journey. All you will have to carry is a small daysack containing food, drink and personal kit (such as waterproofs and camera).
Pilgrim walks and walking holidays are available for 1-2 people and can be booked at a time to suit you.
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
Our current selection includes:
- A guided pilgrim walk on dates of your choice.
- Comfortable accommodation in twin/double room (with private bathroom).
- All meals – this includes a full English breakfast, packed lunch and a hearty evening meal prepared with hungry walkers in mind.
- We will happily provide flasks of hot tea or coffee for you to take on your walk.
- Hot drink and a tasty treat when you return from your walk.
- Transfer by car each day to the start of your walk and back again at the end of the day.
- Your walk will be led by a fully qualified Mountain Leader.
- Recommended equipment list.
- For those of you arriving by public transport we also include pick-up and drop-off at Oxenholme railway station or Kendal coach station. Oxenholme lies on the Main West Coast Railway Line providing direct links to London, Glasgow, Manchester Airport and Windermere. Just let us know what time you will arrive.
Our pilgrim walks and walking holidays are perfect for:
- Individuals, friends, families and church groups
- Escaping the hustle and bustle of every day life
- Re-connecting with nature
- Connecting with God
Your guide is Lathan. Lathan has over 35 years walking experience, is a qualified Mountain Leader and holds a current mountain first aid certificate.
Previous pilgrimages have included St Cuthbert’s Way, St Bega’s Way, Bardsey Island and Mary Jone’s walks. We hope to offer these again when the pandemic is over and we are able to plan accordingly. Please visit again to find out more.
St Cuthbert’s Way
Melrose to Lindisfarne
62 miles in 6 days
St Bega’s Way
St Bees to St Bega (Bassenthwaite)
40 miles in 4 days
Bardsey Island Pilgrimage
Clynnog Fawr to Bardsey Island
47 miles in 5 days
Mary Jones Walk
Bala to Llanfihangel-y-Pennant
28 miles in 3 days
Updated 18th January 2021
We are currently working as normal, whilst doing all we can to maintain social distancing, minimise transmission risks and respect those around us. We are operating in line with government guidance and advice from the British Mountaineering Council and the Mountain Training Association.
If we need to cancel your holiday because of changes in the government Covid-19 guidelines we will provide you with a full refund or help you organise alternative dates. We hope this gives you peace of mind.
The World Health Organisation provide useful advice on how to protect yourselves and others from Covid-19.